Missouri Valley College Health Notice, Update 3/5/20
Missouri Valley College with help from the Saline County Health Department and Missouri Department of Health is continuing to monitor the outbreak of the coronavirus. The virus was first discovered in December 2019 in Wuhan China山东11选5开奖结果. Currently the virus has spread to all continents excluding Antarctica.
The Covid-19 causes mild to severe respiratory illness which can develop more serious complications such as pneumonia. Complications from the coronavirus, according to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), usually arise from individuals with compromised immune systems or other health related issues such as COPD, diabetes, etc.
The best estimated number declares there have been over 100,000 cases worldwide and more than 3,000 deaths due to the virus. The Covid-19 is believed to spread person to person through small droplets that are produced when an infected patient sneezes or coughs.
The United States has reported over 153 total confirmed cases of Covid-19 with 11 deaths. Currently there have been no confirmed cases of Covid-19 at Missouri Valley College the City of Marshall nor in the State of Missouri. The current states reporting cases are: New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, Washington State, Illinois, Wisconsin, Georgia, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Arizona.
To prevent the spread of the Covid-19 and other viruses the CDC recommends the following. To see all the recommendation of the CDC please go to
- Wash your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Disinfect surfaces regularly
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Stay 山东11选5开奖结果 if you are sick
The Department of State has issued the following Travel Advisories
China山东11选5开奖结果-Level 4 Advisory urging citizens not to travel there. Anyone who has and or does travel to China山东11选5开奖结果 will experience difficulties returning to the United States and may have to be quarantined for a period of time or may be refused from re-entry into the U.S.
South Korea and Italy-Level 3 Advisory urging citizens not to come to these countries. These countries are experiencing high levels of the Covid-19 infection spreading.
Japan-Level 2 Advisory urging citizens not to travel there. Japan is experiencing high levels of Covid-19 infection spreading.
The Division of Student Affairs and Student Health 山东11选5开奖结果 recommends that students, staff and their families start learning about emergency planning and having a plan in case of a disruption to school or work happens. Please see the following sites that can help with that.
Here is a preparedness checklist:
- Two week supply of non perishable foods
- Examples: canned food items/dry food and a way to open them (can opener).
- Two week supply of water and fluids with electrolytes.
- A supply of necessary prescription & nonprescription items
- Sanitation Products
- Examples: disinfectant wipes, hand soap, hand sanitizer, household liquid bleach.
- Two week supply of Hygiene products and toiletries.
- Extra Cash if Possible
- Emergency Contact Information
- Example: contact person if medical decisions need to be made, doctor’s phone number.
- Copies of personal documents if possible
- Example: your medication list, pertinent medical information, passport.